lost a kitten!

One of the 4 kittens that we found with here monther were found dead in my swimming pool this morning about 3:30 am when my hubby got home from work :( very sad day...should we bring it down to its mother, he spent over a hr trying to revive it but with no luck. He is putting the blame on me for th is kitten's death, he said that if i was not feeding them and trying to get close to them then this would not ahve happened and not to feed them or go near them any more.. I feel soo bad!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 8:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pets

• I think your DH is a jerk...but whatever. This is not your fault shit happens. If it is a kiddie pool empty it at night.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Kittens are kittens and will play, an edge of a swimming pool is not something they would be aware of anymore than any other edge. It's not your fault.

Please be a good samaritan and find your local resources to either get momma and the babies into a rescue so they can be fixed and adopted or at the very least find some help with getting them trapped and fixed then released back into the neighborhood.

The pool is the least of your worries when it comes to them dying.
    ferocity302

Answer by ferocity302 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• oh yea i forgot to mention them mama and the other 3 kittens are up around the pool today looking for the one that died
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've had many cats, and cats don't like water. They don't purposely go near a swimming pool. I woulldn't be so hard on yourself since this seems odd to me how a litten could have ended up in there in the first place.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Awww it'll be ok. Accidents happen. ((HUGS))
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• its not a kiddie pool, its 30 inches deep by 12 foot round
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010