Re-worded, Dollar tree prego test...?

I have irregular periods but i dont have any of my usual period symptoms, im 3 days late, and i dont have the money for the clear blue or anything really, will the $1 dollar tree brand be as effective and accurate

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yep they should be. Most of my positive tests (I took a ton before I was convinced lol) were from the dollar stores. They actually picked it up before the more expensive ones did.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I had used a dollar general one when I found out with my first. So I don't see why you can't give it a try.
    kelfamous23

Answer by kelfamous23 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't think so. I bought a dollar store one and it was negative. I took a first response one later the same day and it was positive.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i hate the dollar store tests, specially if your not very far along, i took one and it said negative, and when i emptied out the trash an hr later i saw two lines .. well that made me go to walmart and get a EPT test and that gave me a PREGNANT right away no guessing...
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'm sure I'll get bashed for this...but why are you trying to conceive when you cannot afford a $10 pregnancy test?! I just don't get it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've never had any problems with the Dollar store ones. they've been right every time for me. I four kids. I've taken them when I thought I was pregnant but wasn't and it was correctly neg.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'm with Lorikeet ....WHY do you want to be pregnant if you can't afford a PREGNANCY test? And you didn't mention if you are married...that's an important ingredient in having a baby...a husband. Just sayin' .....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I used to work at dollar tree and the one in my are took all the pregnancy tests out after I stopped managing but I do know that if you take any pregnancy test it will be accurate. My friend took four of them for two pregnancies came back and she has two kids :D
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Dollar store tests have the same sensitivity and the Clear Blue, ept, First Response, and a whole list of others.

Source: http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• *same sensitivity as the

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010