moms who party !

How do all feel about mom's who party?

Does it matter their age or if they have a SO to watch the baby?

Does the age of the child come in to play?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 8:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• idk bout party.. but every now and again we go to the casino and dd stays at inlaws, that is like two times a month, but its not really party persay don't get drunk cause sorry hungover with a toddler no thank you!!(and im pregnant again on top of that lol)
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• oh and im 27, outta the club scence now into the lil local pool halls for a fun night if we decide to but it is def rare
    oppsdiditagain

• (This is my personal opinion, no attacks, please!!)

I personally believe that everyone should get that out of their system BEFORE they get married and BEFORE they have children.

1. Your husband would not like to see his wife dancing on some other man!!
    2. A married woman, at a bar, drinking/drunk is NOT attractive, nor appealing to ANYONE! (shouldn't you be home with him!?)
    3. If you're out, and something happens to your kids, what do you do if you're drunk, can't hear your cell phone, or have no way to get home!?

Instead, have a date night with your husband! Find a babysitter for a few hours and go to dinner! Keep your phone on, of course! Enjoy a fine dinner, have a glass of wine and be with the one you love!

AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Once you have a child, you need to grow the hell up and make that child your first priority.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• why is it wrong to have a girls night out like once every 3-4 months, or a date night with your hubby, playing pool,darts, casino, anything you like to do 1-2 times a month specially when your MIL is begging you to babysit! not saying nightly,weekly,but that now and again thing, i love my child just like the next, but i love having a little me or us time now and again and my dd loves them nights to spend with nana she gets excited to go there! ..idk i guess i don't see why some think our out lives can't be put into play at all ..we have kids we aren't dead!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:46 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• First and fore most, everyone needs a break!!! I go out with the ladies, we have date nights & my husband goes out. Just because you have children doesn't mean your life has to stop, I'm not saying you should go out every night but I do believe it is healthy to have a night away. Speaking for us, we generally only go out after the kids are alseep OR my husband or I are home to put them down while the other one goes out. For me I'm a SAHM, I think I would have gone crazy without that adult time. Now, when my twins were born to a little over 18 months, I rarely went out but now they are older I go out more often. They are a little over two now.
    Danners

Answer by Danners at 8:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• An aquaintance of mine has a little girl, not even a year old. This little girls mommy goes out every Wednesday night to a bar and gets falling down drunk while daddy stays home Every Friday night they go out together, (his mom watches the little one) but she goes out alone again Saturday night while daddy stays home. She gets so ripped she has no idea what she's doing. One time, the little one woke up crying in the middle of the night and she went to get her. She was stumbling all over theplace and Daddy stopped her as he didn't want her to drop the baby and he told her so. She became violent and began screaming and hitting the dad. Even after she sobered up, she still grumbled that she could have taken care of her child.

That is partying too much. She didn't even realize she was unfit to care for her child.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My babysitter is currently living with me, so I can go out after my girl goes to bed. I'm 25 and actually going to a heavy metal music festival next week. I am with my daughter every day, except while I go to school, but I work from home so I play with her then too. One day a year, I go to this concert. I don't really "party", just hang out with the same group of friends and my younger brother (who is 22). Don't drink, same reason as the first poster, if I get hung over the next morning I still have my 2 year old.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well, I'm divorced, a SAHM, and in school full time, I didn't go out period until my son was 18 months. Now he spends everyother friday night with his grandma and father...and yes I go out and have a few drinks with friends I desprately need the break by that point and I refuse to feel bad about it (I am 23, so yes, there's that aspect too)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I guess I just don't get it because I never 'need a break' from my children. I love them and they are my world. I do think you and your husband should have a date night once in awhile, but to leave your child every weekend to go out and get staggering drunk is just wrong to me. It's selfish and juvenile; you should have done all your partying BEFORE you became a parent.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010