stair step kids

As in close in age I mean like a year in age apart, meaning you got pregnant right after you had a baby. How was that for you? Regardless if you could care less, did you get a lot of negativity from people about how soon after you got pregnant?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 8:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest two are 13 months apart. It was hard on me because I was worried about my oldest not getting the attention he deserved when the younger one was born. There was a lot of people that would make comments about me being so obviously pregnant while I had a baby in my arms......I didn't let it bother me though, I figured it wasn't anyone else's business.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think it can be one of those "damned if you do,damned if you don't" situations. My SIL had hers 13 months apart (not planned, just happened that way) and she got snarky comments from friends and family; I had mine 7 years apart (didn't plan for it that way but sometimes things don't go according to plan) and I got snarky comments from friends and family as well. There are positive and negative aspects to both situations - you deal with it either way - and it really is no one else's business.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Me, my brother and sister are starirstep siblings. I was adopted as an infant, my brother was adopted as an infant and right after they found out they were getting my brother they got pregnant with my sister. We are all 12-13 months apart.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my kids are 17 months apart but look like twins. boy did people make nasty comments when i was pregnant with dd. even my own parents
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My kids are 4, 5, 6, and 7 - all adopted, all different bio-families. I think there are some advantages, but there are disadvantages too, Just like in anything.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Mine aren't quite that close - 1&2 aer 16 months apart, 2&3 are 25 months (2yrs 1mo) apart, 3&4 are 21 months (1yr 9mos) apart. I like having them close, and while we aren't aware of much negativity from others it's hard to find anyone willing to babysit, even for a couple hours, unless we find multiple sitters and split them up. My mom had a cow about having them for a few hours here & there when I was in the hospital & recovering from a few various things in the last 3 years.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• well, i really shouldn't be answering this question since i only have 1 child but DH's cousin has stairstep children.. she has a 19, 18 and 17.. between the 19 and 18 is 16 months and between the 18 & 17, there is not even a year there..only 10 months.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I am having # 5, My son is 7, then I had my daughters 13 monthes apart, then my other daughter 1.5 years after, and now I am pregnant and this one will be 14 mothes from the last! Some people are negative, but we make good money, I am a SAHM, and I have a nice home, and if they dont like it they can refer to God, because every child is a gift, and sex was made for reproduction!!!!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2010