How young is too young?

So, I've met this guy... he's attractive, has a job, and we have quite a bit in common. The problem is he is 21 and I'm 29, I'll be 30 in a few months. While I like him, I can't help but feel like I'm robbing the cradle. I've never dated anyone younger than me and it's never crossed my mind. So should I go for it or keep things platonic?

TipToe19

Asked by TipToe19 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• you only live once...go for it!!!!!
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Hey!

What's the difference in a woman who's 29 dating a 21 year old, and a man who's 29 dating a 21 year old!? NOTHING!!

Personally, I think it's fine.

Take things slow! Feel him out for a little while. He's younger, yeah, but in this day and age, who cares?

Who's happiness matters here? ...YOURS!

I hope he's everything you could ever want! :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• he's over 21, he's not too young. Go for it. Maturity isn't always about age.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you're not comfortable now with the age difference then you probably never will be. You need to really think about it and figure out if you're ok with it.......if you are then go for it, if not then back off.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you really feel he's mature enough to be with you go for it...however looking at all the 21 year old males I've ever known I would be dounbtful
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think you answered it for yourself. You feel that you are robbing the cradle. He's too young.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you really have issues with the age differencenow. You will always have issues.   If you do go for a relationship with him. You need to make sure you both are wanting the same things in life. 21 year old really do not know what they want in life yet. By the time he hits 30 he might be in a different mind set.

Answer by louise2 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• A lot depends on whether or not you have kids. My dd was 29 when she started dating a guy that was 23. She referred to him as her "boy toy". All was great until she really started to fall for him. He wasn't mature enough to step into daddy shoes and she and kids ended up hurt. I'd think carefully...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• OMG! Go for it! lol Nothing wrong with it at all, especially if you two have so much in common. Some guys at that age can still be a bit immature, but sounds like he isn't, otherwise you wouldn't be that interested in him I'm guessing. As long as it makes you happy and you two aren't hurting anyone, who cares what everyone thinks:) Good Luck!!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would give it a try, the age gap is not that much, follow your heart and you shall be fine.

Answer by older at 9:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2010