I live in a cabin/house...

...in the woods. The walls and ceiling are all wood with exposed beams. I'd like to rip up my carpet and put in wood floors. Will this be too much wood to look at?

lizard111

Asked by lizard111 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• NO! I think it would look great, and then you can add a large, heavy, shag like area rug. I love the rustic lodge look!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Depends on your taste. If you like all that wood it is fine. You could go with Tile or some sort of stone.

Answer by louise2 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't think there could ever be too much wood to look at in a house. I think it would look beautiful! You can add so many differnt kinds of accents to the house...throw rugs/area rugs to start. I think it opens a house up and makes it look bigger and brighter. I'm jealous..I want a cabin/house,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• personally i think so. we live up in northern wisconsin area and the whole tounge and grove wood paneling is way over used here so thats just my opinon.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've been in a cabin with hardwood floors, and despite the fact that I'm not that big a fan of tons of wood, I though it looked nice with area rugs.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no..it would be beautiful..you could always lay down rugs. We got married in Cosby, Tn in this cabin..it was so pretty. I wish i had a cabin. I think i would even have wood furniture =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no just use some pretty accent rugs
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If money isn't an issue you can put heat things (not sure what it's called) that look like an electric blanket under the floor. It's energy efficient and it makes the floor warm in the winter.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We love wood grains so it would probably be beautiful. I would go with a contrast to the walls. If they are dark go light on the floor and vice versa.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The heat that Gaill is talking about is called radiant heating.

I think wood floors would look nice. Get some samples and put them up next to your walls to get a better feel for how they're going to look.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010