Did you put your kid/s in the Toys R Us birthday club?

My son just received a call from Geoffrey (their giraffe mascot) and for some reason I let him hear it. I know, how stupid of me. Still, what makes it even worse is I didn't think to put it on speakerphone, either. Yes, I'm a moron this morning. That's what happens when I'm up until 3am and the kids wake me at 7am. Now, my son is demanding that there is a birthday party at Toys R Us for him and I have no idea what was said. I can't find any information that is current when I google it and we've not gotten any cards or anything like that from them. Anyone have any idea of what was said besides telling him to go to the store?

BTW, I love how they called before they were open.

Pishyah

Asked by Pishyah at 9:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• They should have sent your child a $5 Birthday Gift Card a few days ago for him to be able to go there have his name announced over the intercom and if they have any they should give him a balloon. But that's about all it is. It's nothing huge with cake or anything else.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We certainly haven't received any mail from them so now I'm getting rather frustrated. Thank you for answering.
    Pishyah

Comment by Pishyah (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Your Welcome, I hope he enjoys his Birthday. Hopefully he'll get the card in a few days.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• did u go into the store an ask them for it my aunt had to do that with my cousins an they give ballons an a birthday hat an u might get a discount on anything u buy there for him
    Prego889

Answer by Prego889 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yeah, we got the gift card, but I opted out of the phone call when they asked me. I'm sure if you call a toys r us customer service number you can ask what was said and then you can ask not to be called next year lol.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no... my son is to old for that.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I went up there and told them what he said he heard. I told them what I heard and that we've received nothing in the mail from them. They gave him his balloon and hat and said happy birthday to him over the speaker. Outside of that they brushed it off and told me that they have nothing to do with it. I'll be calling later when I can actually talk without the kids yelling under me, lol. Thanks, ladies.
    Pishyah

Comment by Pishyah (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes! I have # 5 on the way and I think it is great :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2010