my baby hasnt crawled yet

hi moms my baby is 9 months and 2 weeks he isnot bothered about crawling he just wants to stand up all the time is this normal has any one elses baby done tis before

stefin

Asked by stefin at 9:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies don't crawl. If he is standing and showing interest in walking I really wouldn't worry about it.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• MY BOYS WERE LATE CRAWLERS AND CRAWLED FOR ONLY A SHORT TIME. THEY HAVE EXCELLED IN SCHOOL AND ARE GREAT IN SCHOOL.
    anexhorter

Answer by anexhorter at 10:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My daughter rolled every where. I think she may have crawled after a year then walked at 18 months. She is off to college this month.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You can encourage crawling by playing crawling games with him with toys. You can use a bolster (round tube pillow) or something like it to get him in the right position. My son had physical and occupational therapy for crawling and these are the kinds of things they had me do at home.

Some experts think that crawling helps in development including eye development that can have long term effects. Some experts think it may impact how kids read. My son had developmental delays and they worked hard with me to teach him to crawl before he walked.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Totally normal :) The normal range is 5 to 16 months with 9 being the average month that most kiddos start to crawl. Some never crawl and thats normal as well. Just make sure to give plenty of floor time!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It is completely normal for kids to completely skip crawling. You can't force them to do anything at this age! Try not to worry! =) Experts all tell us what steps should come first and at what age but we all know that it RARELY happens that way.
    Megan2686

Answer by Megan2686 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Some babies never crawl. I wouldn't worry about it.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010