A Lil' HELP i'm WoRRiED. my 4 month old son ( who just learned to roll over and over), likes to roll on his stomach to sleep. should i be worried about the risk of SIDS with this?

MaVie

Asked by MaVie at 9:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, he knows how to roll to his back. If you are still worried... you can get a sleep postioner.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• id like to say no..but it seems like everything is a risk these days..my daughter ALWAYS slept on her tummy, and i never had any problems..or i should say she never had any problems..just do everything else you can to prevent anything from happening..dont put pillows in there, no toys,no choking hazards etc..or if youre that worried, just keep checkin on him while youre awake and if need be try to roll him onto his back while hes sleeping
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You could try a sleep positioner.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My little guy was always a tummy sleeper. The main concern is that the neck and head be strong enough to move away if something blocks them. And if he can roll over, then its ok. Like the other answer said, just don't have any blankets, pillows or soft toys that she could get his face onto while rolling over.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My daughter was the same way. No matter how many times i flipped her she kept going back to her bellie. Just keep his crib free of clutter and check on him if it makes you feel better. When i was a baby the hospital told my mom to put me on my bellie. So which is it? If he's comfortable just let him be. Keep the moniter on and check on him periodically.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son waws about that age when he started sleeping on his stomach and has been sleeping like that ever since (2 now). I jsut didn't have anything in his crib. I put warm jammies on him for bed so i didn't have to keep a blanket on him in the winter. I was scared too.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My pediatrician says its perfectly safe for baby to sleep on tummy.she told me that at my Daughters 4 month appt.
    momstepmom1471

Answer by momstepmom1471 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would say it's not a problem at all. My daughter has slept on her tummy since she was about a month old(even tho they tell u not to) and she is just fine. In my opinion, they will sleep however they are comfortable. If they don't like something, they will move. Whatever makes them happy!
    JillibeansMom

Answer by JillibeansMom at 10:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my nine month old rolls around in her sleep she will be on her back when i put her to bed and while she is sleeping she will go to her sides and her tummy. they have to be cummfy too.
    Anonymous

• Once babies learn to roll, they find a new (Comfy) way of sleeping..As long as she is rolling over and not having trouble with it..dont be to worried..you could get one of the pillows to keep her in one place. But, alot of times once they start to roll and know they can do it...They will get fusser because you are trying to stop them from doing somethng they now know they can do..! My adive..be awear, but try not to worry..my DD was that age when she started only sleeping on her side or tummy. Once they learn it is a task to keep them off.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008