How soon?

For those that are wanting/planning to have more children, how soon after your first baby will you start trying?

julietelise

Asked by julietelise at 10:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Started trying 3 months ago when DD was 11 months old
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The World Health Org says to wait at least 3 years before ttc. It takes that long for the mother to recover and it's best for the baby. It is also practical. Your toddler can nurse at least the 2 recommended years before you get pregnant. It's easier and better for the children if you aren't taking care of a 1 or 2 yo along with a baby.

My kids were 3.5 years and 5 years apart. I think the 5 years was a little long.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My DD's are 22 months apart. I definitely wanted them to be three years apart but things apparently didn't want to work out that way.

tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 10:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Mine are 4 years apart and I think it is perfect (at least for us) My daughter is so helpful and understanding. She has her moments but I think it would have been much harder when she was younger.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010