my brother in laws wife doesnt like me?

i am in an odd situation, not sure how approach it. when i first got married i sent her a message on myspace about how it must be taxing on her ot raise 3 kids, and she took it offensively for some reason and started complaining ot her mother in law about me, so i just stopped talking to her. i havent talked to her once since then(over a yr ago) and suddently she is telling her mother in law i am talking shit to her in an email? i dont know why she is like this about me but i havent even done anything but i dont want to upset the mother in law

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like she's one of those people who are hard to get along with anyway regardless if you did anything or not. Maybe you should just walk up to and flat out tell her in front of everyone to please quit making up things about you if she doesn't even have the proof. For instance the email...Confront her in the open and tell her you'd like to see this e-mail and know how she got her resource...chances are she just made it up or it's just some "hear say" that she heard and told her Mother in law. Then maybe you could explain that you weren't trying to offend her about the e-mail you sent and maybe she needs to remove her panties from her crack?

TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• just ignore the broad. you know the truth and hopefully you family knows the truth as well. Obviously she doesnt sound like that great of person so I wouldnt worry too much
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 9:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my husband's brother's wife makes up weird shit too. not sure why. told mil that she invited us to spend the weekend away at this campground and we never got back to her. then my husband confronted her over the phone and she denied even saying that to mil. why? who knows why people do this kind of thing? i just stay away as much as i can. too much drama for me. who cares what other people think anyways?
    Anonymous

• Whew! I am so thankful my SIL and I get along so great. Our FIL & MIL have tried pitting us against each other because they don't realize how close we are. OP, sounds like your SIL is trying to earn the title of 'favorite DIL'. I would ignore it.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 10:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Sounds like she's jealous of you being the new person in the family and possibly becoming a favorite......I say confront her in front of the mother in law. But don't do it in a rude way. Just mention that you were thinking you guys should do more to get to know each other better because you are sensing a little tension. See what she says. If it were me, I would ask her outright about things she's said about me to the MIL........IN FRONT OF THE MOTHER IN LAW......but stay calm and watch her come off looking like the liar.......
    JaneEyre6279

Answer by JaneEyre6279 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• she is most likely jealous and i would just ignore the issue. just be who you are and they will see that you are not the way she claims you are. some people don't take things you say in the best way especially in emails it hard to sound sincere or innocent.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yea ij ust dont get her, we havent talked i nalmost 2 yrs...and she suddently pops up with this bs. i cant confront he rin person, were all mlitary so righ now she is at ft hood in texas with her faily, im at fr gordon in ga and the mom is in NJ. ithought us both being army wives we coul dget along but i guess she just wants to be negative. me and the MIL talk A LOT....were very very similtar. here she is a biker chic, ex army woman, into tats, strong minded etc....here i am an ex army girl, into tats, strong minded etc. i dont ride bikes but i grew up on the back of my dads chopper and im very alternative. the othe girl doesnt mesh as well as i do. she's a raver/ex stripper type of girl and from what i hear, rather bitchy. i think sometimes she's upset tha ti talk tothe MIL as much as i do
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You should not let it bother you my husband brothers wife does not like me but she doesn't like anyone she doesn't like my mother in law ,my huband my three kids,my other two brother in laws she is just a bitch and you know what I never have to deal with her because she is banned from my mother in laws house because all she does is fight with everybody.Now when I went to my mother in laws house I saw my brother in law she kicked him out they seperated .Thank godbut I feel sorry for those kids and him because he is going to talk half he makes a lot of money.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008