Does anyone know anything about the Home Income Kit advertised for working at home?

RobinMcMom

Asked by RobinMcMom at 10:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are so many of these types of programs, 99% of which are complete scams, or provide information that you could have found out yourself on the Internet.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I can tell you one thing, be very leary on work at home scams. You can check out to see if anyone has gotten scammed by them by going to www.rippoffreport.com. This site is wonderful. It will tell you about any company that ripped off anyone.
    cgw522

Answer by cgw522 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You do not need to purchase a kit for finding work at home. All that is is showing you how you can make money by placing bogus ads. Try something creative. There are lots of opportunities out there to make good money by working at home, or even home-based.   You have to understand that for every legit ad that is out there, there are literally thousands of applicants for one job.  That is why people say, "Oh, it's a scam, we never heard back from them".   It's because the demand is so great for those types of jobs.  What I would suggest is that you check out some of the legit jobs such as Customer Service Rep, working for a call center.  There really are call centers that hire.  Convergys is one.  But remember you have to meet the criteria, including their internet requirements and a totally noise free place to work from home.  Your calls are always monitored for quality assurance.   
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I didn't purchase the kit...but I make very good money working from home. I'm happy to help with any questions.

https://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well One thing I have to say on behalf of anyone who is trying to do their HW out there about WAH..
    RIP-OFF-REPORT is GARBAGE, it is like a free for all for anyone to say anything they want...factually or not! And if you really do your HW you would know that the site is run by a Known Convicted Felon!

ANy business should be checked with the US chamber of Commerce, BBB, Financial Reports and Magazine with Credit..Ie Fortune, Forbes, etc. Check the History of the company- how long they've been in Business, how Big is it...does the BBB have 300 complaints, but out of a Million people what does that amount to? Where are they heading, how are they holding through the recession.

Do your homework for real!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I always say to stay away from those with 'kits' where they don't tell you what business it is. They did that with Herbalife. Herbalife itself isn't a scam but the business that did that was. Ask them what business it is, if they don't tell you, RUN FAR AWAY! Every business has a start up cost but make sure its not just some small packet.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2010