3 days late 2 negative hpt

ok so my husband and i always use protection except for one pull out quicky last month i was feeling really crampy befor and after. as of 5 days a go all the cramping stopped just a few pains here and there. i looked on an ovulation calender and the day that we had sex was the day of my ovulation. now i am 3 days late my breasts feel heave and my lower belly feels heavy i know that sounds weird its when i lay on my back that i feel like that and i have gotten dizzy a few times but nothing else. i was just wondering is it possible to be pregnant and get a negative test ? with my daughter i took a test one day befor my missed period it was negative and day of my missed period it was positive. so anyway i was just wondering what you all think. i will be ok with or with out a baby right now but there is a little part of me that is hoping i am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes it's possible to be pregnant and have a negative test for a bit.
    Give it another week and try another test. Or make an appt with your doctor for a blood test.
    Hope everything turns out the way you want :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It is possible, wait a few days and test again.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You can have a negative test for several reasons; there could be something wrong with the test kit, you could be doing it wrong (1 in 4 women do), it could be too soon for that test, your urine may not be concentrated enough, or other weird reasons. I'm a medical lab tech and I used to work for a large reference lab doing massive numbers of pregnancy tests and I know there are weird things that happen.

If you don't want to get pregnant withdrawl doesn't work. There can be sperm before he withdraws, he can miscalculate, sperm outside your body can get in, and other weird things can happen. If you use a condom and foam it boosts effectiveness up to 99%.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• IMO, i would wait about a week then test. I sughest a week because by then your hCG levels would be high enough for the next hpt you take to pick up.
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• hi everyone thank you for the comments i took a test today and it says positive!!! :) thanks again!!
    s_toman7

Answer by s_toman7 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010