hair help

My daughter and both and love our long hair. The problem is that I find it everywhere. Yesterday I did laundry and today I had to pick a wig off of my clothes. I thought the dryer was supposed to catch that. Any suggestions on what I can do?

dragonlady44

Asked by dragonlady44 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• all hair falls out, and as dullscissors says, it's more noticeable when it's long..

it's also more prone to breakage because of it's length (the longer it is the easier it is to be prone to damage because it's been there longer.).
    so you can try weekly protein treatments and using good conditioning products to help keep your hair healthy to try to prevent excess breakage which may help reduce some of what you are loosing..
    but you can't make it stop (hair loss) completely.. all hair goes through three phases, a growth, a resting, and a falling out phase.. and its more than common to loose 50-100 pieces of hair a day.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Your hair is supposed to shed daily. Maybe you can just comb it twice a day to try to catch it in the comb.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• when you find out let me know :) i hate it! i "shed" all the time too! My daughter hasnt really started yet she is only 2 but it is a pain. i am always pulling it out of my husbands beard! gross! and i have to do what we call the butt dance in the shower because i cant stand the feeling of the hair between my butt and legs when getting out! so when you find out let me know! LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:46 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• all hair sheds, but because of the length, your long hair is more noticeable. i s'pose you could regularly brush it (like you would a pet) to decrease the amount that naturally falls out.
    also, unless you're severely sight-impaired,you can see the shedding isn't only at the dryer/laundry. its everywhere, all over your house/car/etc. your drains are probably full of hair, also.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Clean out the lint trap. I mean deep into the dryer and the hose that leade to the outside vent. Clean it from the outside vent as well. They make long brushes for this. If it's not clean you get hair still on your cloths.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i heard that when you have excessive shedding you should change your shampoo!
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 12:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2010