What would you have done if someone said this to you?a vent....

I am very watchful of my money as there is very little of it - as I am sure it is with alot of folks. ANY way...I had someone tell my mom that I came out of walmart with a basket of stuff overflowing. Where did I get the money...( I came out of walmart-saw her and said Hi - I swear that was it !) I came out of walmart carrying a bucket and a bag-not even a cart!I feel like telling her off - but don't wish to hurt my mom in the process.Now this woman has never hurt for anything-she wants it- she gets it... I have actually rolled 40 dollars worth of pennies to take to bank and get cash for groceries! I guess it's just very annoying to me for someone to be so senseless.I have 4 gorgeous kids and am proud of them - why does someone feel the need to pick on me? She never had any kids of her own either - just feels the need to tell everyone else what to do I guess... what would you have done??

momof4kids257

Asked by momof4kids257 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't even get what the point of saying that was.....why completely lie about something so trivial? Being the wise ass that I am...if I saw her again at Walmart, I'd probably say "Don't forget to report my purchases!"

Some peoples lives must really be so boring and uneventful that lying about something so mundane is a thrill for them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Nothing. There's nothing to do. No point in being upset by someone else's ignorance.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Ignore it, unless it happens again. If you bring it up the drama and bad feelings will just get worse.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would tell her to mind her own damn business!
    Megalicious79

Answer by Megalicious79 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• some people's children, i swear! i wouldn't even give her the privilege of having a comeback, what's in your basket is your business
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would just let it go! you know what the truth is. no need to get into it with someone like that. they always think that their S&%T dont stink and will continue to say what they wish! i would just tell your mom thats not what happend this is....and let it go! good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would have told your mother and this woman that she needs to mind her own business. What you do with your money is your business and yours alone. I can't stand that. I went to dinner with my uncle one night and when he dropped me back off at my apartment he offered to carry my daughter upstairs for me. I told him thank you, but no thank you because my apartment was a mess right now and i'd prefer that no one see it lol. I was working around 50 hours a week back then and all of my time off was devoted to my daughter so I didn't have much energy to tidy up all the time. Well he kept insisting that he didn't care and he wanted to help me.. so I gave in and let him. Well the next day my father calls me because my cousin went running his mouth about how dirty my apartment is! I was SO pissed off. I think people just look for every reason to butt into your lives and it makes me sick.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• some people just have no clue!! what you do or do not buy at walmart is none of her concern!! If you see her and it comes up in conversion ask her what she was thinking... otherwise just let it go... what she, or anyone thinks is really of no concern to you and yours!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Vent about the situation and then let it go. She is not worth the frustration.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sounds like she just has nothing better to talk about. It would urk me to if someone said something like that...but you know..she really obviously has no idea what the heck she is talking about so try to blow it off your shoulders and don't sweat it. If shes so worried about where you get your money from, maybe she should ask you directly..maybe your mom should tell her that too. Nosey,gossipy people bug me,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010