Is she really going to crawl this early?

My 3 month old is ALREADY scooting all over the place. And she can hold her upper body up with her hands easily. she just hasnt learned to push up with her hands and kick her feet at the SAME time yet. She has been doing this since about 2 months. could she really start crawling so quickly? i though 6 months was the norm??

KENZIKISSES13

Asked by KENZIKISSES13 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is also 3 months. She is doing the same thing. She can push up on her arms and hold her head straight up. She is also kicking her legs and pushing her butt up. This makes her body scoot foreward. She is scooting around quite a bit too. I constantly have to pull her back onto her play gym.
    I felt it was a bit early too. But every baby is different. There seems to be a WIDE range of the "norm"
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• 6 is the average, my son was sitting on his own at 3 months and crawling all over by five months, he started walking at 10. it's all about how curious they are to get to places.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Well there really isn't a "norm" when it comes to babies. They all develop at their own pace. I guess you just have an early bird on your hands =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sure... My oldest never crawled at all... He just started walking at about 6 months... My lil one crawled about that old though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• There is no "normal". Babies do things when they are ready and on their own time. My daughter walked at 9 months. You just never know!
    Megan2686

Answer by Megan2686 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The average is not 6 months. Less than 10 percent of babies crawl at 6 months. The average is actually 9 months. (this info came from my pedi when my son started crawling at 5.5 months, and i have also read it in articles and a few books i have). The range of normal is 5 to 16 months, with 9 just being the average. And some never crawl and thats normal too. The likelihood that your little one is going to crawl now is low, but it could happen!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• yeah, 6 is average. There has to be a set average so they can decide who is delayed and needs to be watched for other developmental delays. So yeah a few start really early, a few start a little later and all of that can be 'normal'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010