Poop? Anybody?

My 3 month old rarely has a poopy diaper. Maybe one or two a week. But she never wines or cries unless she is hungry or something. She doesnt even have gas problems and burps just fine. So i assume she isnt constipated. And when she DOES poop it isnt solid. Its normal gross squishy poopy diaper. Should i be concerned.

KENZIKISSES13

Asked by KENZIKISSES13 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she breastfed?
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If she's breastfed, that can be normal. Mention it at the next doctor visit.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• As long as she doesnt seem to be in any pain..her poops are soft, not hard and she doesnt scream and cry and strain when she DOES go..I think she should be fine. Everyones body is different and works a little different. My daughter goes about once every 3 days. I asked her doctor about it, he said it was normal, as long as there is no sign of discomfort or pain. Heck, I know even for myself I only go about once a week,lol..always have been that way..unless I'm on these prenatal vitamins..it contains a stool softner,lol.
    Don't worry too much..just ask her doc about it at the next appointment. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you are concerned, I would ask the Doc at the next visit. OR, you could always call the office and talk to the nurse immediately.
    Megan2686

Answer by Megan2686 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My son is going thru the same stage right now at 3 months old. My doc told me its nothing to worry about. he said it isnt considered constipated unless the poop comes out hard. What they have me do is if he doesnt go every 48 hours I add 1 tsp. dark caro syrup to his bottle, and that usually makes him go within a few hours.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My DD used to poop everyday. Right when she hit the 3 month mark, she started to poop only every 5-7 days. She would store it all up and it would all come out at once. She is breastfed. I heard it was normal for up to 10 days not to poop. The first two times she didn't oop, I gave her a glycerin suppository. It worked within and hour. But I don't give her that anymore. She seems to poop every 2-3 days now.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010