Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Know a lawyer that would be willing to talk to a Mom on Y!IM?

I need someone who is well versed in family law. I want to know about parental rights vs. grandparent rights in the state of Indiana. I want to know about parental rights when married and divorced. I have a lot of questions!!!! And desperately need some answers but I certainly can't afford to contact a lawyer in town.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Answers (4)
  • Contact legal aid and see if they will help you.

    Answer by lovinangels at 12:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • ^^And how would someone go about doing that?

    Answer by Megan2686 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • I don't think any reputable lawyer is going to give a consult via IM chat. Google your state's bar association and contact them re: pro bono lawyers. Or, you could just google your state and "pro bono lawyers family law".

    Answer by deadheadjen at 1:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • Grandparents have no legal rights. Period. Unless you gave them to them. Of course this is the norm. there are some circumstances it may change I would need more info. To further assist.

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.