ok im really aggravated, should i give him one more chance?

the guy who is my partner on a group project hasnt called me yet so go over our stuff. he didnt give me his # cause he said he didnt know it. im not sure if i should give him my # again along with email addy, myspace and facebook addies on monday, and wait to talk to the instructor on tuesday if he doesnt get ahold of me b4 class on tuesday, or if i should just go straight to the instructor tomorrow. i gave him my # last week in class, then reminded him every class we had together to get a hold of me. i tried searching for him on Fb & myspace and no luck....
the report is graded on presentation, info, and group effort. which means we have to work together while we are giving the report in class. if he doesnt help me b4 hand he wont know the info, therefore affecting our over all grade. and im not about to give a free ride on this project
any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd go to the instructor and tell him that you have given your partner your number and have mentioned to him several times that you need to get together to do this project, but he has made no effort to contact you and he refused to give you his #. I would ask what can be done about this-- could you be teamed up with someone else? Could you be graded separately on what you did and your part of the presentation--especially since you have no idea what he did and your grade should not suffer because of him.
    I hope everything works out-- good luck! Oh and I would also ask to never be paired up with this person again!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Talk to him and tell him you need his help now or you will be forced to ask for a new partner.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 12:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Is there a peer-review process in the grading system? Grade his efforts and work accordingly. Let him take the hit for his poor performance.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• So, today is Sunday and this partner on a project has not given you any indicator that he's done anything toward this project. You will still need to hand in a project or your grade will suffer as well. If you are going to confront the teacher on this matter, I would do it in a round about way, seeing how understanding this teacher is about this group project grade. You want the best possible grade inspite of this guy who doesn't seem to have time for schoolwork or doesn't care about his grade or yours based on your attempts to contact and provide contact information to make this all work. My children have run up against this type of situation plenty of times and it isn't an easy situation to be in because some people don''t' care enough or they don't think their time is well spent. or they think the others who are part of the group should pick up the slack. I don't know this other person well enough to make that judgment
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Email the professor and get the contact information from him. Most profs have you fill that stuff out in class the first day. Then he will know you are having troubles as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would see the professor and explain the situation. It's not fair on you if he does no work.
    Ilovemyxander

Answer by Ilovemyxander at 12:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would just go talk to the instructor and maybe you can get paired up with someone else. You don't want to get a low grade because your partner is slacking. He's probably one of them that wants you to do the work for him, and I wouldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would go to the instructor, your partner is an adult, it's not your job to baby him or do his work. Tell the instructor your dilemma and how you don't want this slackers lack of drive to bring down your grade, then tell the guy to call your phone(while you're next to him), so his # will be on your caller I.D.
    Also, let him know you spoke to the professor(if you're comfy) so he knows he can't get a free ride since teach is watching.
    KrhMsh

Answer by KrhMsh at 12:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree with lovingangels.

This guy is trying to get you to do all the work and he reaps the benefits.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'd let the instructor know.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010