I like a guy...

Who is 8 years younger than me. We talk all the time but as friends. I am extremely gun shy about relationships. The last one I had was 7 years ago and he was my best friend and he died in Nov of 2003. Before that it was a 6 year abusive relationship. Now I text him a lot and the only time I see him is if I run into him where he works. He lives in a city about a half hour from me. He used to be my boss. His birthday is coming up and I am planning on getting him a gift card to a restaurant that serves his favorite food and a card. My question is should I hand it to him or just leave it on his car( He has to work that day) I feel really dumb asking fir advise about this. Lol

dragonlady44

Asked by dragonlady44 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Leaving it on his car is like a high-school-girl - crush. If you're serious about liking this guy, you need to behave as if it matters to you and give it to him in person.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Do what you feel is right. Don't be shy ...if it one thing I know about anything...it is that being shy or quiet might let the moments pass you by. I would give it directly to him because if at that moment he liked me back I would know. I know as well as you do kids grow up quickly...what if they did not want to be three and left it behind them and became four? They missed out on what could have been the best thing...(bad example but you do understand what I am saying ) :D
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I kinda know what your going threw. I fell for a guy 7yrs younger me. It got to the point neither of us could deny our connection. I would suggest giving it to him in person. May be even make a plan to meet him for lunch or even when he gets off so you can have a few minutes to talk
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The problem also is that I am extremely insecure. I am trying to get past this but it is hard.
    dragonlady44

Comment by dragonlady44 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Yes, hand it to him just like a friend would do. I understand how difficult this feels to you and it will help to talk to yourself about it first. You aren't asking him for anything. You are merely giving him a gift as you would give to another friend or co worker. Try to look at it that way and don't expect anything to happen good or bad. If there is a next step, you think about it when it happens. He should know you don't want to rush into a relationship.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Hand it to him. If you leave it on his car, someone will steal it and use the gift card for themselves. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010