for those THAT DO SPANK..(not those that don't cause i already know your view on my question) adult content

have you ever used anything to spank the butt with? my dd wouldn't care if i tapped her butt at ALL.. so i used my brush and tapped her butt with it.. NOW saying that... it wasn't like beating hard just a tap and that got her attention, have you used anything if a regular tap never even phased them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sure do. I have a paddle or I use a belt on the bottom.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No, I just use my hand. I used to get spanked by a belt on a daily basis as a kid. I refuse to spank my kids with a belt or anything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• No. We only use our hands. My mother was a firm believer in using objects - which is why we do not. I know from experience that you can't tell what type of force you are putting behind an object, using your hand will stop things from becoming abusive. My mother believed (and still believes) that if a child is being bad she shouldn't have to feel the punishment, so she used objects - wooden spoons, paddles, shoes - More than once I had bruises for days... I guess i don't want to risk crossing that line.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've threatened spoon, I have used my brush, but only playing, not for a real spanking. I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing, you probably won't have to use the actual brush ever again because the threat of it will be enough. Lol
    I don't let anti-spankers phase me, I got spanked when I was little and I'm not violent, I've never been in a fight and I teach my kids it's NOT ok to hit people based on your emotions. By golly my kids are going to be taught there's consequences for doing things and it's a swift smack to the bottom! That's why bottoms were made cushy!! Lol
    KrhMsh

Answer by KrhMsh at 12:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't like to spank, but when I do, I just use my hands.

This post reminds me of a story that I read on another forum (not cafemom) before I had kids. The topic was things remembered from childhood, and this guy's story was about being spanked. He posted that when he got in trouble, his dad would make him go find his own "switch". Well, I don't remember all the details, but he got in trouble one day, and his dad sent him for the "switch." He was about 12 or 13 at the time, and he said he went and found the biggest log he could carry (because he knew that the smaller it is, the more it hurts) and dragged it back to the house. His dad looked at it, laughed and said "I think you're too big to be spanked anymore."
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have NEVER hit my son with a wooden spoon, but i am guilty of threatening to get a spoon if he didnt behave. The threat is all it takes for him.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've never used anything because I don't have to even tap him enough to hurt him..he acts like i broke his heart if I spank him. I only spank him for stuff that will hurt him more to continue to do...such as sticking something in an outlet...running away from me near a road...ect.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 12:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no, I usually just use my hand with DD. I could maybe see using something in the future but like you said it still would be a 'pat'. I think it's the sound more than anything. My mom used to 'pop' me with a oing pong ball paddle. It was LOUD but it never really hurt. It used to scare me. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no just my hand.but if i got to it goes on bare bottom.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• no, we can barely touch our dd and that's enough for her so we never have felt the need to. my mom used a wooden spoon though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010