How Do I Caculate Due date when having 6 wk cycle???

I take Seasonale which is the BCP with a 12 week cycle. However, I take it only for 6 weeks then take one week off for period. This works well for me, but a pill problem has caused me to be PREGNANT now!

How will the doctor calculate due date? I don't want them to think my baby is two weeks late when it is on time? Maybe I should just lie and tell the OB that my last period was 2 weeks later than it actually was...what it would be if I was on a regular 28 day pill

RainingHeart

Asked by RainingHeart at 12:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why would you feel the need to lie about it?
    just tell the doctor the truth!
    if they have any doubts on when the due date is, they will do an ultrasound to see how baby is developing right now to determine the due date. Certain things develop at certain times, so it's not hard for them to figure it out.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I naturally had 6-8 weeks cycles before my second was born. All they did to get my due date was do an ultra sound and by the size of the baby they got the due date. There is no need to lie to the dr. Just tell them the truth and they can get a correct due date for you.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• They will add 14 days on the due date. Also they will probably do an ultrasound to see how far along you are. Baby sizes are pretty consistent in the first 18 weeks of pregnancy, so they will be able to tell when you conceived and set your due date from that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't think I actually would have lied to the doctor. I'm just stressed and not thinking!!! LOL...
    RainingHeart

Comment by RainingHeart (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• don't worry! remember - you are not the first person to have irregular periods and get pregnant so your doctor will not look down on you or anything! They've seen it all
    :o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Dude. Don't lie to your doctor. If you not sure, they will do an ultrasound and figure it out.
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 2:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010