Okay so babies aren't allowed to have Peanuts right?

Does that mean Peanut butter too? Or just the hard peanuts? Yes, this is probably a STUPID question, but I was just wondering. I never gave peanut butter to my oldest daughter, but I have a daughter whose 11 months old and just wanted to know! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no peanut butter until a year. for allergy reasons.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• ya no peanut butter. and also when 1 do very lil peanut butter, cause it is a choking risk
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 1:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It includes all peanut products.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• peanut butter too
    allergy reasons for both, and choking hazard for normal peanuts.

With that said though, Neither side of my family has any peanut allergies so I did give my kids those peanut butter & cheese crackers as snacks at about 11 months old.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• BOTH of my kids had Peanutbutter early on. If nut allergies do not run in the family there is a very small chance that your child will have them. I put a very small amount on their pasi and let them try it around 7months or so... The only think you need to do is to keep an eye on them just to make sure there are no reactions, but generally you'll be fine... I never bought in to all this "age appropriate" food... Kids in other countries eat what is available - regardless of what we see as "normal" here. No hard peanuts at least until they have teeth and can chew, but PB, is different, it's soft and in small dabs isn't something to worry about... 90% of parenting is common sense, hard and fast "rules" are generally not worth paying much attention to - they change ever 20 years anyway.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It depends on who you ask. peanuts in the usa are a common food allergen for many, but some studies that suggest delaying may exacerbate the problem. if there are allergy histories in your family delay, of not proceed with observance. allergem foods are wheat, strawbwerries, dairy. I've given my baby lots of strawberries and some bread, but not dairy.peanut butter i haven't done simply because i rarely buy it.

no honey though. That's an issue of botulism in children under a year.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010