What would your reaction be if you heard a 2 year old saying "Oh my God!"??? Would you think anything of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I really would not think anything of it,
    redrose2681

Answer by redrose2681 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Personally we don't say that in our household, so I would be shocked. However, I have known kids that age who have said that and I didn't really think much of it because I figured they had heard it before. I do know that my friend's 4 year old said it and my friend was floored and said that she felt it sounded rude.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It makes me cringe because my SD taught my 3 yr old how to say that. She also taught her to say f@#k off and flip the bird at the same time. Correcting that has been fun
    tamlub

Answer by tamlub at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• it really wouldnt be a big deal to me. we are not a religious family so i would take it as more of an exclamation like "what the heck" or along those lines.
    acampbell31207

Answer by acampbell31207 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My son says God because he heard it from my mom. I tell him not to say it because I believe you shouldn't use his name in vain.
    aidens_mama06

Answer by aidens_mama06 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I really would not think too much of it, I may correct and say "oh my gosh".
    kathyjul

Answer by kathyjul at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I don't think much about it either.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my 2 year old son says it all the time. i don't even know where he learned it. i think it bothers me more then anyone else. everyone that hears me correct him, said it was no big deal, just a new word. and i have noticed the more i correct him, the more it is said.
    chadsmom05

Answer by chadsmom05 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My 2 year old says, "oh my gaw". I think she is trying to say "oh my gosh", which she hears on T.V. from the cartoon "Oswald" on Noggin. To me it sounds to much like "oh my God" and I dont like that at all. So she doesnt watch that cartoon any more and now I have to keep telling her not to say it.
    MsPeaches2210

Answer by MsPeaches2210 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i really wouldnt give it much tought.... he or she most likely heard it somewhere and i would hope the mom would say " we say oh my gosh" but thats up to each parent
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 1:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008