I am going on week 4 after my c-section. I never had really heavy bleeding...it slowed and was pink or brownish, stopped for a few day recently...then I had red, light bleeding this morning. Should I be concerned. I haven't been too active and there is no pain anywhere.

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• might just be your period starting again. If it becomes a lot or gets painful, call your doctor
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It could be a clot? I remember the same thing, but it was after I did too much, though not at 4 weeks I dont' think. (and no pain? lucky butt!, I was sore forever!) I'd say if it lasts more than a day or two, mention it to the dr.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It couldnt' be the period, it would need a couple weeks to 'build up' again dosnt' it? And to ovulate before that even...4weeks is too soon for an actual period, and most havn't stopped post baby bleeding completly by then.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• After my c-section , I ddint bleed as much as when I had a vaginal delivery either. I bled lightly for about 3 weeks..even a few days of no bleeding in between that time.
    It is very possible that it could be your regular period already.
    Just to make sure, give your OB a call in the mornign ans see what he/she says about it. I'm pretty sure its normal though. Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• The same exact thing happened to me, and I was fine. Still, I recommend calling your doctor if you're concerned.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I just had a c-section 2 1/2 weeks ago and my bleeding had almost stopped earlier this week and then I passed a clot and BAM it's back to being heavier (still light compared to my regular period but it's annoying). This is my 5th c-section so I was expecting it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• After my C-Section I bled off and on for at least a month. I had several times where I thought I was done and then it was back. I think it is normal to bleed up to 6 weeks. I did breastfeed my baby so once it was finally over it hasn't come back for 3 months so far.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010