How are you celebrating Lammas/Lughnasadh?

I always love to hear what everyone is doing!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not. :(

i have a lot going on and my anxiety is really high right now. Just trying to get everything done that i feel i need done so that i'm not so anxious any more.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• So far I posted two blogs - one of which is just a vid, but I found it lovely... Beyond that, I have a busy day & a B-Day party, so I won't be doing much, but I'll have a small ritual this night once all is said and done for the day.

Here are the blogs...

Blessed Lammas

Beautiful Lammas Video

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My Circle and I did a "Family Feud" style game...but you already knew that, Sabrina...you were one of the "100 Pagans" I surveyed!

...I'm thinking next year: CIRCLE OF FORTUNE! (need to build a spinner...)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• HaHa... Mama, you guys sound like a blast! I would love to have such a group around!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• sabrina I feel so silly again I need to ask what this is. Sounds familiar but I can pin it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Is it that time already?? I totally forgot. Seems like it was just the Summer Solstice.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Sorry Hot-Mama, I'm just getting back on... Lammas is start of Autumn and was the time of the first of three harvest celebrations, and so this is a holiday of fruition and also of preparation for the oncoming winter, as well as the God's impending death. The Goddess enters her phase as Crone. It is a time of giving thanks for all that we have, all that we will have, and all that others have sacrificed for us.

See why you should be reading my blog?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Oh OK sabrina thanks. So it's like Thanksgiving in a way. That is cool. I'll have to look more into it. I'm definitely going to start reading your blog. I have a lot to learn. Thank you for the explanation.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010