Poopy question

So my daughter had normal squishy poop before she started eating baby food. Now shes doing more solid thicker poop and thats fine but lately these past few days shes been straining & crying sometimes. They have been coming out harder and more of a ball shape. What should I do? Any tips would help thanks!!

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try pear juice. not strong. dilute it with a littel water. Or kyro syrup mixed into a jar of baby food. not much. just about a tablespoon. its really sweet and works like a charm. and completely healthy. Its a win win situation
    KENZIKISSES13

Answer by KENZIKISSES13 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Are you feeding her rice as well as babyfood? Are you making her food or using the Level 1 jars you buy in the store? If giving rice, I would stop feeding it to her for a while, that can bind them up. Also, if you are making her food maybe you need to add some of the water you are cooking it in. The only difference in the stuff you buy at the store from level 1 to 3 is the water content.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Diluted apple juice should help, or even better apple sauce. Also what have you been feeding her that may have caused the constipation? My Dr said when it is time to give baby foods, to only you 1 thing for a week, then next week try something else, that way it is easy to figure out what does not agree with her. Good luck.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• give her some apple juice or some prunes... avoid too much cheese... i've heard bananas can cause constipation too
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Stop giving her cereal and bananas.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I gave me daughter prunes with her oatmeal every morning and it did help some. Also exercise. When she was little I would lay her down on her back and hold her legs to do a bicycle manuver to help things get flowing. She probably needs to drink more fluids also.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010