Scheduled C-section

I had my first child by c-section so my second one is going to be delivered the same way. I was wondering if the second time is easier than the first? If you had a epidural with the first and they use a spinal for the second...is there any difference? Just would like to know whats going to happen.

Janai04

Asked by Janai04 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My first I had an epidural and could still feel everything, the spinal block...I couldn't feel a damn thing. I din't even know they had started till I heard twin a crying.
    Anonymous

• I'v only had one c-section and i had a spinal. The only difference is a spinal is a one time only shot in your back, while an epidural is implanted and can be on a constant drip.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have to have c-sec too. The first i had an epidural but i could feel most of it. The second i had a spinal and i will NOT have it this time. I had electric shocks going down my legs when they put it in. And it numbed all the way up to my neck. I couldnt breath i needed to throw up but couldnt it was horrible. I would rather feel the pain i did with the epidural then have the spinal again.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I had epidurals with both of my c-sections (and my vbac too), so I don't know if the spinal would make a difference. My 2nd c-s was different from the first because I didn't baby myself so much. I wouldn't even stand up straight for 2 weeks after the first! Plus, after the first one I had one baby to take care of, after the 2nd I had 4!! I had to suck it up!! :)
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i had an epidural with my second csection and it was easier my first was an emergency c section so it scared the hell out of me but the second it easy!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I ended up having a spinal with my second. I can tell you; the benefit is the catheter is taken out sooner, and you are walking around sooner. The stress was actually worse; but the c-section easier. I am a worry wart so I couldn't sleep the night before surgery. The only issue I had was that the spinal made my legs itch like I had poison ivy all over them for about another day after the surgery. I had a back-scratcher, so I made my hubby go home and get it. LOL! I would rather have the spinal, they are pretty much the same just the spinal is shorter-lived. GL to you :) Also; I left the hospital in 2 days instead of 4, Thank GOD!!!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 1:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2008