Snowboard or ski?

Will you be teaching your child to snowboard or ski?

Asked by VoteForThiago at 2:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in

• We do both.

Answer by QandA at 2:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We're downhill and cross-country skiiers, and will teach our children the same.

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Neither. LOL I attempted to ski once. And after crashing off of numerous trees, knocking myself out, and being taking down the slops in a body bag thing behind a snow mobile....walking away with a concussion and sooo many bruises, don't know how I didn't do more damage everyone said....I will never go again. And yes, this was after I had a training session. It was miserable LOL I'll be in the lodge in the hot tub waiting for everyone to get back!!!!

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• snowboard. i started when i was 4 and have been doing it every winter since and i can't wait to teach my daughter how to board

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't think I could balance well enough for a snowboard. I have always skiied. If I got the opportunity I would love to teach DS to ski and if he chooses to learn to snowboard that would be okay too.

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I think we will. We are making plans when he is older. Maybe both!

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• ski

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Ski

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 1:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Snowboard

Answer by renea20 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Skiing!! I used to instruct. The little ones, under 5, need more muscle control to snow board. Plus you want them to learn the rules of conduct. That seems sadly lacking in snowboarders.

* Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
    * People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
    * You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
    * Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
    * Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
    * Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
    * Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.

Answer by Iluvzoos at 11:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010