OMG!!!! I am horrified.... What do you say to your 10 year old daughter when she sneaks up to your door and you catch her standing there during "intimate" time with your hubby????? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Time to talk to your little girl momma. I would explain to her that parents/adults have a special way of showing love to each other and she walked in on you and hubby during your special time. I would also explain the "mechanics" of sex so she knows you and hubby were not hurting each other. Now would be the time to explain that with in the next few years her body will change and she will have breasts, hair down there, etc. This would also be the time to explain her periods she will have in the future.
    I would teach her your values regarding how you expect her to act when she gets older and lastly I would tell her that she should also respect closed doors and knock before she comes in your room or the bathroom, etc. Cuddle with her, explain you are not mad and get her a good "growing up book" and tell her to come to you with any questions. Might be a good time for a girls weekend out. Make sure dad is on board with all this.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 7:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Next time lock the door!

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Honestly, my kids aren't that old yet, but I've already explained sex and whatnot to them. They have both walked in on us at least once... But since they know about sex already there really isn't much to explain. We simply throw on a robe and take care of whatever they need... If they have questions we answer them openly and honestly.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Talk to her ask her what she saw and try to explain it the best you can. Good Luck.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• was this during the day while she was wide awake in the other room? And why wasnt your door locked? Just curious. I dont know, but I wouldnt even be able to get turned on if I knew my kids were in the house wide awake.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Explain to her that while it's normal, it's private and that it was disrespectful of her to watch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• OMG!!! I would have freaked but at the same time you don't want her to think something is bad about it it's just that it is not her time to know so deep of that info omg I wish you luck girl.
    Why did you not lock yourselves in the room just incase something like this were to happen??? I can not concentrate on our love making unless I know for sure things are closed and locked my dh thinks I amweird but I don't care if he wants me 100% he gonna have let me be the way I am...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• My five year old has. We locked the door, but didn't get it latched all the way. But she already knows what sex is. All she said was "I hope ya'll use the bon-bon so I don't get a brother!" Bon-bon being condom, she has trouble with that one.
    If your kid doesn't know much about it yet, just answer any questions she has honestly and as best you can. Don't try to brush it off or make it out to be a bad thing.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Honestly, that never happened to me. My kids are grown now, but first, we always made sure the kids were asleep and then we always locked our door. Intimate time is really supposed to be between your husband and yourself, so why not wait until their is an appropriate time??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I would explain to her about respecting closed doors and that sex between married couples is normal. I would also ask her why she was so curious?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010