Husbands, Uh

Our little girl is only 3 months old. and dont get me wrong her dad has come a long way. but he is a complete jerk over half the time and makes me feel horrible as a person. We have had a huge fight and are talking divorce. This isnt the first time its happend and im not sure it wil lbe the last. Should it end in divorce? Or should i stick it out for makenzi?

KENZIKISSES13

Asked by KENZIKISSES13 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask yourself, @ the end of the day, past all the bullshit & hurt do you still want to be w/ him? Answer this truthfully & you'll have your answer. GL!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If the kid is the only thing keeping you together, do everyone a favor and end it. It is harder for the kid if they are the only reason their parents are miserable. They catch on, then they feel guilty for their parent's unhappiness. Trust me, I've been on that end of it.
    If you both honestly think that you could still get along and love each other and be happy, then do what you have to to make it work.
    Good luck.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• always try to work it out. theres couples counseling and things like that. However, if things dont change or he is unwilling to change dont feel like you have to stay with him simply because of a child. I am not condoning divorce or saying you should get one, but I hate that people think the best thing for a kid is to be together and be absolutely miserable, my parents did that and it was wayyyyy worse for us. Try everything you can, maybe take a bit of a break, but please dont think raising a child in a house with arguing is better simply bc there is a mom and dad there. good luck to you. I hope everything works out!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Only you can answer this question. My oldest son begged us to separate as he said"he felt like he was always walking on eggshells." He also said "the atmosphere felt like a tornado was brewing." We didn't do a lot of yelling. We had "cold" wars. I'm glad that I left because now I have peace of mind (something money can't buy).
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have never been in this situation but I think the last thing you want to do is stay in a bad relationship for your children. I think it will just hurt them more in the long run. Hopefully if things don't work out you can go your own separate ways but still can help each other out when it comes to your child and do it in a peaceful way. Maybe you'll be better as friends than as husband and wife. Good luck to you!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I just had my second child 4 months ago and we also have a 4 year old. After our first baby, my husband and I had a few problems. However we never got to the point of talking divorce so I hope this may help at least a little. While my baby is little I spend almost all my time with them. I breastfeed him, cuddle him, and love on him all day long. By the time my husband comes home, I have given most of my love to give to the baby and I don't have much left for him. I think he felt I didn't love him as much and he took it out on me. Our love life was almost non-existant and that was find with me but not him. It was rough but as the baby got older- at least by age one, I wasn't cuddling with him anymore and I started to show my husband that I did still love him. It made a big difference. Our relationship recovered and was even better than before. We are in the same slump now and I really feel that with time we will be even better.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2010