Have you ever had pineapple, peach, or apple upside down cake?

I've had the pineapple upside down cake. and its good. However I'm awaiting for a really ripe peach. So far the peaches I've seen in the supermarkets are either overpriced or not to good for making a dessert like peach upside down cake. I know there are canned peaches in heavy and lite syrup but the taste is totally different.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• apple upside down cake is very good- tarte tatin is what you see it called in the fancy french cookbooks... ina garten has a great recipe for it on foodnetwork.com
    pineapple upside down cake is a classic... never tried peach but i bet it would be good
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've had pineapple upside down cake. I think I will make one today.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've had pineapple and apple upside down cake. Never tried peach, but I don't really like peaches.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I love pineapple upside down cake, it's one of my favorites.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 2:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree that fresh, ripe fruit makes the cake. I've only had pineapple upside down cake.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've had the most common one, I think..the pineapple upside down cake. Very good! Havent heard of the other kind you've mentioned, sounds good though! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i'v had and made pineapple and peach. the peaches were canned and ended up rubbery. the pineapple was better.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• it just doesnt feel right to eat cake upside down.
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 2:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I make a caramel apple upside down cake that is AWESOME! I'm not a fan of pineapple upside down cake though. Never tried it with peaches either.

do you have a local farmers market you could look for peaches at? I always find the best fruit at them instead of the supermarket.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I love Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I make mini ones that everyone loves. Never had it with any other fruit but it sounds good.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010