i have missed my period about 3 weeks and took a pregnancy test, and it came out negative, im going crazy, but i dont know what to think, could i be pregnant? or could something else be wrong?, im a mother of 4

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ok, Pee on the keyboard and wait a 20 minutes. You will have your answer. Seriously, how is someone over the internet supposed to know what is going on with your body? Shouldn't you be asking a doctor?
    RiyahsMommy08

Answer by RiyahsMommy08 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Depends on your age. It could be menapause or it could just be your body changing! My aunt started menapause in her late 30's; my friend is only 23 and sometimes has period cycles every 52 days! Could be anything. See your doctor if your that worried.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Wow... Some people just can't help but be rude. I'm really sorry for the previous poster's harsh comment.

I personally have problems with ovarian cysts, and they cause me to have really irregular periods. I may go 6 or 8 weeks without a period, or I may have 2 periods in the same month. You should go see your gyno. I hope you get everything straightened out!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I wasn't being rude. I was just being honest. How is someone over the internet supposed to know? If she is that concerned, she should be asking a doctor and not on Cafemom.
    RiyahsMommy08

Answer by RiyahsMommy08 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• This had happened to me before. The MD office told me to wait another 1-2 weeks and take another test. Sometimes your hormone levels don't rise fast enough to register on the stick tests. If you still don't have your period or a positive test within the next month, I would have the MD take a closer look.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Thank you GWOOD ,see all we look for when we come in here is for some one to listen, and give us advice, I KNOW i should go to the MD, but i was just wondering if it had happened to anyone else........
    And to answer the other questions, I am very regular have a 28 day cycle, never missed a period(unless i was pregnant), i am 32 years old , with 4 children and 2 step daughters....and looking foward to being pregnant again, its just weird you know about the test thing.....
    Anonymous

• Oh and thank you Heather
    Anonymous

• You're very welcome. I hope that you see the doctor & get the news you're waiting for! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If you've missed 3 wks, you should be coming up due for AF again soon. I'd suggest waiting til then next cycle. If you still miss it. Test again (I'm sure you know to test with the first morning urination). If it's still negative I would certainly call your OB and schedules an appointment to be seen. I'm sure it's nothing serious. :) This is a GREAT place to get pg tests. I've been known to buy in bulk lol http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• WOW RiyahsMommy08 your like a total B!tch...You took this question the wrong way. I normally find those "Could I be pregnant?" questions annoying but some cases such as this is different...Why don't you remove the stick from your a$$?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008