For those who do Weight Watchers

My mom and I plan on doing weight watchers together. She is insulin resistant and the dietician said WW was the best plan (if she wanted to go that route) because everything is pre balanced. She had done WW a couple years ago and loved it, so no biggie. Unfortunatley she gave all of her info to a friend of hers. I want to do WW too because insulin resistance is hereditary and can lead to diabetes and I'm also overweight. I can't afford to to the meetings yet because we're moving in a couple weeks and my husand just got laid off. So I was hoping someone here could give me an idea of how many points I should be eating a day just until i can go to the meetings. I'm disusted by how much i weight and I want to start before we move so i will already be in the habit. I would greatly appreciate the help and advice. BTW, I m 5'3, weigh 245, and I am 24 years old. Thanks so much!!!!

MommyLee08

Asked by MommyLee08 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Health

• I'm doing it online - I started 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm doing it online - 3 months for...I think it was $50. No meetings for me! I can't give you an idea of how many points though, because it calculates that for you when you sign up - it goes by how active you are, and everything. After my first weigh-in I dropped a point, and today after my weigh-in I dropped another point - I went from 29 the first week to 27 now - I have a friend who's breastfeeding and she started at 34 pts per day. I'm taller, I'm older, I'm not quite as heavy, but I'd guess you'd be in about the same point range, anywhere from 25-30. How active you are makes a difference too.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010