water?

At what age did you start giving your baby a little water?

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I introduced water when I introduced the sippy - they never really drank any til about 7 months old, and even then it was maybe 1 ounce per day. They didn't really drink water for thirst til after a year, when we went from formula to milk. Our doc said up to 2oz a day in the summer was fine once they were 6-7 months old.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Around six months (so they could learn how to use a sippy cup).
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 4:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• When you start to introduce solids
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• We started around 6 months as well just to get them used to the sippy. I don't really remember much with my son, but my DD is 6 months old, and I'll give her an ounce or 2. She may take a few sips, but she mainly plays with her cup.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Right from birth. Granted it wasn't out of the tap, it was bottled nursery water. It's WATER it's not going to hurt them to drink it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010