Induction.

My doctors said that they want to induce me when the time comes. I am 21 weeks now so it's a ways off but I am wondering what its like. They want to because I am very small and this is my first baby and I have been sick since day one and now I am swelling bad to plus he is sitting somewhere were it is giving me a kidney infection and since I feel bad I don' really eat so I'm not gaining weight right. In all the ultrasounds the baby is just chilllin' and seems fine. My test each week seem good 'cept for Ketones in my urine I don't know what that means but I might have to do another test.

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 2:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like that you are having some issues and that induction would be the best choice. I have been induced twice and will be induced this time as well. The Pitocin can make the contractions stronger but it is all worth it in the end :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 3:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Induction is different for everyone. I was induced twice and although it made for a long labor, it wasn't nearly as painful as I expected.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You can work to better your health and see IF induction is a safe option when the time comes.
    There are different routes of induction, it's usually safer to wait for a favorable Bishop's Score, if health permits waiting.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010