Tattoos

Me and my husband both have many, many tattoos. And not too long ago i found these ADORABLE little temporary tattoos for kids an, just playing around I stuf a few on my daighter. My parents and in laws THROUGH A FIT. Said that we were corrupting her and forcing her into a lifestyle that she may not like. I mean, come on. she is three months old. she knows nothing about lifestyle yet. And i would never force anything onto my daughter. Were they going overboard or should i really not even play around that way?

KENZIKISSES13

Asked by KENZIKISSES13 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They are going overboard. It's not like you took her to get a real one. My kid has been wearing fake tattoos since she was 9 months and started asking for them and hasn't once mentioned getting a real one. So long as they don't break her out, let her keep it up. It's only fake, washable tattoos. Nothing wrong with them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I have a tattoo, hubby has a couple. I get my kids the temporary tattoos all the time, they love them. They over reacted, it's not like you took her to the shop and got her a real one! LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• they are going overboard... HOWEVER remember that we absorb 80% of what we put ON our body and babies are really sensitive with their young systems and the ink etc could cause problems.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• i think they went a little overboard.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• They were WAY overboard... I think I would have told them that not allowing your kids to play with the idea of Tattoos would only be reinforcing an anti-tattoo bias and you prefer that your children are open minded and can think for themselves!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• way overboard! who cares...most kids love those things anyways! and if thats the worst you do to your child...
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• They went overboard. My Husband and I both have tattoos and our children wear temporary Tats all the time. That doesn't mean that we are going to take them to get one when they are 18 or that they will get one. It's fun for them and there is nothing wrong with it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• my bf has a few and I have, i plan on getting another for the new baby. i think are going over board. I can see getting up with the fact that her skin may react bad to the tat or that she could have a really bad allergic reaction that could put her in the er. if they never bring that up then tell them to stuff it.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 3:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I do stuff like that for sure and I laugh someone is always going to be offended and overact. By six months she will be riding a hog and getting her first tattoo. JK

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Better to do the temporary tats than to be in the tatoo palor signing up for a real one. True story when i had mine done, there was a mom in there picking one out for her nine month old who already had a couple. Of course I had to ask and yes they were the real deal. I hid my disgust. I felt so bad for the baby. Anyway yeah they over reacted. Temporary ones ok. It's not like you are forcing her into the real thing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010