How do you make upside down cakes?

I have fresh pineapple and fresh peaches that I could ues.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 2:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup cake flour, 1/2 cup sugar,1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 c. butter softened,1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1 can pineapple slices in syrup, and marachino cherries (optional).Use an 8" square pan or round pan. Drain pineapple , save syrup. Place butter in 8 inch pan and melt while preheating oven to 375 degrees.Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Arrange whole pineapple slices with cherries in the cneter of the pineapple over the brown sugar in the pan.Cut some of the remaining pineapple in half and and line the sides of the pan with them standing up. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder,salt, softened butter, milk, egg, vanilla,and two tablespoons of the pineapple syrup. Pour batter into the pan being careful not to disturb the pineapple slices and cherries.Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until cake is golden and has pulled away from the pan.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Very simple - brown sugar, butter, and fruit in the bottom of the pan (I usually set them in a nice design) and then just pour on the cake batter and bake.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• layer your fruit in the bottom of a cake pan (I use a spring form pan for easy removal, but you can line with parchment if you want)
    pour your cake batter on top of the fruit
    bake as normal
    turn cake out of pan and voila! fruit is now on top :D

I use plain old yellow box cake mix when I'm being lazy on the cake part ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• allrecipes.com is the best site I know.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• make a brown sugar and butter mix, melt together. put in fruit. pour cake batter over the top, bake like a normal cake.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• just like the first poster said!
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 2:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• thats easy... you put the brown sugar, butter and fruit in the bottom of the pan then pour the cake batter on top and bake it like a normal cake.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2010