Under Achievment! (Sorry another Sarah Palin Question)

Does anyone else think that Sarah Palin is a bad role model for our daughters on some level? Her candidacy I believes is teaching our daughter that it’s ok to under achieve. Don't strive to be the best in school, and you don't have to qualify for a job. As long as there is a man willing to catapult you in to a position you will be fine. It took this woman 5 or 6 colleges to achieve a BA that is ridiculous. What does this say to young women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know, I just think she's a bad role model period.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think it says "Keep striving for your goals and never give up on your dreams." If Hilary was up for VP instead of Biden, no one would be saying "She couldn't cut it as president, so now she is riding Obama's coat tails. She needed a man to get her to the top." What about all the Republican men who would love to be McCain's running mate? She beat out them. She would be the 2nd highest official in our country. No other woman has achieved that, and to say the she would be catapulted there by a man is sexist.
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think your an idiot! This says to young girls, it doesn't matter how long it takes or how many schools you attend before you make something of yourself, just dont give up the fight. It says that people will regonize you for your abilities and the type of person you are reguardless of some achievment award. How could you even begin to think a women in this position would teach a girl to question her worth. Maybe you should be more concerned with how you are teaching your daughter the importance of her being, and not leaving that up to the government.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 10:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Maybe you should be more concerned with how you are teaching your daughter the importance of her being, and not leaving that up to the government.

Seriously? Ask John McCain WHY Sarah Palin was his first choice? Wait, she wasn't. His advisors talked him into believing that she was the right choice. I'm sure knowing that makes Palin feel very important.. in the eyes of her government.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• NO!! I think it teaches them to keep trying. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE THE BEST!!! That is why there is one president, one valedictorian, one prom queen, one MVP....... so on and so forth. Why did it take her 5-6 colleges for a degree? This teaches young women to reach for the stars and keep reaching, no matter how long it takes or who helps or hinders you!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• She's a bad role model, you can wink and come with folksy sayings to get you through life Only in Sarah's world. She is incompetent! and not qaulified for the Job. Her name was never mentioned until that Geezer need to attract women voters. She is a bad role model and McCain uses women for his own agendas ask his first wife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think what makes her a bad role model is that the fact that she has a special needs child and should be there taking care of her baby. Her baby needs her now and will be having alot of medical problems. Her baby needs her to advocate from her home to get him the care. Not to have her husband and other paid employees take care of her responsibilities. Men don't have babies women do. Moms are given certain responsbibilties, a special needs child requires more maternal parenting now. This women has nothing of substence to offer our country. If you weigh both, her child needs her more than our country does. This is a bad example to our children and to young women today. Don't neglect your children. I understand women who are strapped financially and who need to work. They work very hard and I understand why, but a women who does not need to do this for at least the first 3 years of her child's life.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 12:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• And there are those who think she will set the women's movement back--just read some of these posts! My 24 year old daughter thinks she is great! She is more qualified than Obama in experience. What about Obama supporting Odinga who was going to allow Sharia Law in Kenya--Obama knew this and still supported and campaigned for him. And what is wrong with her husband stepping up to help more--isn't that what women have wanted from men!!! Geez--could it be she is just real good looking and has a good looking husband--and she seems to be achieving a lot in her career AND is a conservative woman!!!!! Could it just be the women on the View--like I watch it!--are just plain jealous!!!! Her private life should be her own---or lets dig around Hillary's and see how she got where she is!!!!
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Hell hath no fury like a liberal women scorned is all I can say about this type of illogical questioning that has absolutely no degree of relevance....I would be more concerned about what your daughter is watching on television and at the movies and let's not forget the wonderful lyrics of some of the modern singers who promote hate and promiscuity....those are the role models you should be more concerned about!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think she's an awesome role model! Just think, if you were more like her you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2008