How soon after should intercourse happen after finishing clomid on day 3-7 of period cycyle?

Was told to take clomid on day 3 of period to 7. Which I will being taking clomid for 5 days how long should I wait to have intercourse or when should I start?

caleb2008

Asked by caleb2008 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you dont have to wait! go for it! I had to do fertility as well and took clomid, we were told to have sex every other day from day 10-20 you dont want to do every day because then his sperm doesnt have time to rebuild, and you dont want to go more than every other because they start to die off then he just "shoots" blanks. so as long as you do every other day you dont have to wait! Good luck to you and your hubby!!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Once you fisnish the last clomid pill, you can exepect to ovulate somewhere around 5-12 days after. I would begin having sex every other day after finishing the pills to be safe. You can use an ovulation predictor kit and/or chart your temperatures to see if the clomid caused ovulation. Fertilityfrend.com is a great resource. Good luck!!
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 3:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2010