does watching porn behide your spouses back, make a person angry and mean? adult content

I think my husband has a porn addiction
I have asked him not to watxh behide my back-as this has effeccted our life and sex life especially
he did fine for a week
now he is back at it again
and he has become very mean to me, rolls his eyes when i talk, swears, snaps if i ask him to help out with the kids=especially if i interrupt him when he is "CHECKING HIS EMAIL"

I have asked him to go to therapy, he of course thinks he has no problem and lies about watching it now

does this make a person mean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a program installed in my computer Spector Pro when I did it behind my husband I confronted him with his websites He said he didn't do it and blamed it on our son @ that time our son was 18. However the program tells what time & what websites a person enters. Our son wasn't home my husband was. At the present time he claims he doesn't go on their websites anymore. I doubt it...he has a work computer and travels to hotels. My heart and soul tells me he still looks. Which to me puts me down. If he wants someone to look at my husband should look at ME not another naked lady.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 6:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Watching porn does not make people mean....hes being mean...because that is his personality.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• He's probably being mean because he's guilty and doesn't like the way he feels about it. It makes him angry.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It sounds like he's being defensive. He knows he's doing something you don't like so he's lashing out at you for everything. It's not necesarily the porn that's making him mean, but the dishonesty and guilt that is. I think you two need to come to a compromise. Hopefully there is not something else that he is hiding. Do you have a problem with him watching it with you? If not, you could ask him to compromise and leave it as something you two do together once or twice a week. That way he doesn't feel he's losing a privelage and you feel like he's not sneaking around. If this doesn't work, then I think you're only option is therapy, because he may indeed have a problem.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Porn can be an addiction. Advocates for porn like to deny this fact, but, it triggers the same response in the brain as pleasurable drug use. Your man has a problem because it's affecting his day to day behavior, so yes, I would leave, since he's not getting help.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• it didn't make my husband mean...he was pretty good at hiding it, but then again i never really checked up on him, i never thought i had a reason to. then one day i happened to be going through his phone and saw he was texting a girl he knew for pics...thank God she had a conscience and said no, she knew he was married. oh boy was he in serious trouble. you need to nip it in the bud now, cuz pretty soon just looking at it won't work for them anymore, they'll need something else, whether texting, or emailing someone for pics, to meeting someone.

i guess it could make someone mean though, in his mind you probly are on his back about it all the time, and he thinks you'll get onto him for it at any moment. this could be aggitating to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• he's angry because he disagrees with you and is getting defensive.

the porn did not directly make him mean. Your treatment of him over the porn is what made him mean.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• he just sounds like a mean guy.
    i wouldnt put up with it if i was you.
    i broke up with my SO because he wouldnt stop watching porn. that shit disgusts me. i dont wanna have sex with him after he masturbates and cums thinking about another girl. ew
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2010