Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


heres an odd question, yes im bored LOL
considering english and american words are spelt differently do you in the US use an american dictionary or an english one?


Asked by san78 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 48 (294,258 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I'm British so I use the Oxford dictionary.


    Answer by beeky at 3:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • :-)
    I use Google! If I have trouble with a word and don't have spellcheck, I'll just type it into Google. If it's spelled wrong, Google will say "did you mean _________".

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • Haha kiwismommy that's what I do too! No dictionary for me.

    Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • American dictionary.

    Answer by kuriequinn at 3:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • We use the "Webster's American Dictionary" or the "Merriam-Webster Dictionary of English Usage!" LOL

    Answer by LoriKeet at 3:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • Well, the only differences that I really know of are s instead of z (ie realize and realise) and our instead of just or (ie favourite, colour vs favorite, color)

    If I am unsure of a spelling, I just go to or use spell check.

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

  • I'm American, so I would use an American dictionary.
    But honestly if I don't know how to spell a word I use Google.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010