just curious...

I had an ultrasound at 16 weeks and was told were having a boy and then had an ultrasound at 19weeks and was told it's a girl. How is that possible? The pic the dr gave me from the first time shows a penis im so confused. Is it possible he was wrong and we are having a girl or is it possible there is a hidden baby?

megclark22

Asked by megclark22 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did the same doctor do both ultrasounds? and its always just a guess... sometimes they are wrong. but i would definitly be confused if they said boy first and then a girl... usualy its the other way around! LOL
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 3:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It could have been a mistake on either one. Sorry you have so much confusion!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Ya it was the same dr for both ultrasounds
    megclark22

Comment by megclark22 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I was always been told that if they say girl, it's a girl, but if they say boy it could still be a girl because the tech could have just seen the cord between the legs and not a penis.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree with DarkFaery131
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I've heard of them mistaking it being a boy when they thought it was a girl, but not the other way around. I'd get a few more ultrasounds. To make sure! My practice did it a few times for me... although it depends on what type of insurance you have. I would be confused too! Best of luck to you!
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 4:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• its possible there is 2 babys
    Sweet_Angle

Answer by Sweet_Angle at 5:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree w/ DarkFaery131.... I would ask for another u/s to make sure its not twins ;o) just to be on the safe side!
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 5:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• It could of been the umbilical cord showing a penis... or a finger.. You are going to have a suprise! :)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010