How to find people on the net...

I am searching for a friend on the net and only run into those sites where you have to pay for it. I really dont want to pay! Is there anyone out there who knows how I can do this without paying? I know name and occupation. I want to find my friend to see where he lives and maybe reconnect with him again.
Thanks in advance!

jemsmom226

Asked by jemsmom226 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• you could search directly on social networking sites like myspace or facebook and hope they have a pic posted that you recognize.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Facebook is a good way to do that. That's if you both have one.
    Myspace as well, but they're less reliable for searching specific people.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• facebook is the best one. Also classmates, which you can search for free, but people will leave clues to their facebook stuff.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Have you tried whitepages.com or zabasearch.com or even pipl.com? They are all free

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I dont know if the classmate site I went to is the same one, but I joined one of those sites. I then changed my mind and it took forever to get off the list and for them to stop sending me e-mails. So be super careful with this.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2010