Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How should I handle My daughters Dad wanting to be apart of her life but lives in another state?

I am having a real issue my daughters dad lives in texas and things are very stressfull between us. He recently has exspressed a intrest in wanting to get to know her and be apart of her life. He wants me to move there so I can be closer but I have issues with that for one all my family is here in colorado and im just so confused has anyone been in this situation before and who can give me advice. Thank You

Answer Question

Asked by JaydenBelle at 10:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • My baby's dad lives 2 1/2 hours away from me. My son is two. He's only seen his dad 6 times. He was in prison and then on parole so he coudn't leave the state. I absolutly freaking hate it! I only let him go because is paternal g-ma takes him there and stays with him (he's used to her). I feel horrible sending my 2 year old away from mommy and daddy(he thinks my bf is daddy). I could say he can't go because his dad doesn't pay child support but I'd feel bad since he does wnat to be there. In your situation that's pretty far away. if your childs under 2 i'd say thats too young to be away from you. I don't really know what to tell you to do though. Sorry! I'm just as confused.

    Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

  • Thank You im sorry you have to go through this to .

    Answer by JaydenBelle at 10:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.