Is it normal if I have a baby who is 6 months old and does not know to roll over yet?, he grabs things, take them to his mouth, laughs to everyone, but is it normal that he doesn´t roll over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your child is doing well. There are some that begin rolling at 4 months, but every child is different and there are no set ages for developmental milestones. Make sure your son has plenty of tummy time so he will have the opportunity to learn this skill. Normally they will learn to roll from their tummy to their back; followed by rolling from their back to their tummy.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My first daughter never rolled over and now she's 3 and doing just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Peeps424

Answer by Peeps424 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Call and ask the ped :-) That's what they're there for.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It's totally normal. Just make sure he gets time playing on his tummy.
    juicebox503

Answer by juicebox503 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Most babies are rolling over by 3-4 months old and sitting up by 6-7months. I would have him checked out.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2008