How old is too old to wear glittery makeup?

Glittery eyelids and lips in particular?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• When you feel like everyone is looking at you funny bc of it then it's time to stop.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't think there should be a set age. Whatever looks good and makes you feel comfortable
    Alexis82

Answer by Alexis82 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I agree with PP if you can rock it do so!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• when you start questioning yourself, its a pretty good indication that you already know the answer.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• If you feel that you are not too old, then chances are you are not.

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• idk... im 23 and i still wear it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I don't think there is a set age at all. I think that NO ONE should go overboard with it, or wear it if it's not something they like that is flattering for them. If you're 80 years old and you've been in love with a particular glittery eyeshadow forever and it still looks good on you (in your opinion), and you still like it, go for it, IMO. I personally don't like really glittery things because every one that I've tried has irritated my eyes really bad (I have reactions to certain eye makeups), but I wish I could wear them and I'm always looking for new ones lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Glitter? Seriously? No one over the age of 25; definitely not over 30. There's nothing sadder than seeing a 42-year-old bar-whore who's trying to dress and look like she's still 23.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• typically I would say that is generally for young girls.. teenagers and younger.. for daily wear.. HOWEVER there are things that come up where yes you can apply a small amount. . glitzy parties, during dress up events (like Halloween, mardi gras, new years).. there are some occasions where yes you can still pull it off. But it's more for glitzier or more "sparkly" events for those of us over the age of 20.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think shimmer is better than glitter. Glitter gives off a young vibe and If your older may imply trying to look younger. A eye shadow or lip gloss with shimmer is more sexy. It reflects in the light so can look "glittery" if thats even a word! lol!

josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2010