How should I....?

tell my husband, who is a Christian, that I am going to become a witch? I have decided that Wicca is the right spiritual path for me. I don't know exactly what to say to him.

proudmama1207

Asked by proudmama1207 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Be honest, and make sure you stress how much you respect his spiritual choice and hope he does the same for you. My husband and I are of different faiths and have never, ever argued about it (except for healthy, just for fun debates) because we respect the fact that it's the other's choice. Explain why you feel this way and how you came to this decision, tell him how great it makes you feel. If he loves you and wants you to be happy, he should be ok with it.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Wow! I don't know what to say except that, as a born again Christian myself, that would be a VERY big deal to me if my husband made that choice. Especially if he expected us to raise our children that way. That's more than a difference in opinion, that's seeing everything in life differently than the one you are supposed to be sharing yours with. I don't know what I would do since we are already married, but I do know that it would have prevented me from marrying him, no matter how much I loved him! Be very sure before you take that step and tell him! You may not welcome it, but I will pray that you think this over long and hard!
    Anonymous

• Funny, mine told me I was a witch and I had no clue! Ok, that was a joke. I would tell him that I wanted to pursue other religious avenues. Most ppl in life seek answers on a spiritual plane. That should be enough for now. I'd work up slowly to the witch part or he might send an excorcist to cast out your demons! LOL (ok if I just offended christians and wiccans alike I'll apologize now)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008