Rehearsal Dinner invitations?

Do I need to send those or just personally invite people? I know the tradition is for the grooms dad, but he's been quiet on that topic. Therefore, I've made arrangements for it, reserving a restaurant. And who gets invited, specifically?

onlycathyo

Asked by onlycathyo at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Entertainment

• A rehearsal dinner is meant for the bride, groom, their immediate families, wedding party, and officiant. You are not obligated to invite the photographer, deejay, florist, or even your cousins. You can, of course, invite all of them, but that's very rare. And yes, invitations are the norm, as it shows you thought of them personally and are specially requesting their presence.
    Have a beautiful time!!!!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• For every wedding I have been in, it has been the families, the bride and groom (obviously) and the bridesmaids and groomsmen...and I believe most people invite the pastor.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• We used invitations.... even though our wedding was small...... and that's why we used them... we just knew that if we didn't specify who needed to be there then the whole blooming family would show up.... LOL They don't have to be formal invitations... just reminder notes.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008