when to start the sippy cup?

muffinpie03

Asked by muffinpie03 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months
    Anonymous

• I started my DD at 6 months. It has worked out wonderfully. She will be one next week and she is down to one bottle a day. The rest of her drinks/formula are in her sippy cup. Gonna go sippy's all the way the day after her birthday...YAY!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son wasnt ready for a sippy until he was about 8 months old. I would introduce it early (6 months) and not worry if it takes a while for them to catch on!

juicebox503

Answer by juicebox503 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My dd is 6 mo & I've been giving her the sippy cup for a cple of wks now. She was a little unsure at first but seems to be getting a little more used to how it works.
    KenadysMom

Answer by KenadysMom at 12:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My 9 month old doesn't even like to hold her own bottle. My 2 year old didn't take to the sippy cup until he was almost 15 months old. We offer a sippy cup with meals starting at about 12 month. I think 6 months is too early.
    Anonymous